Boston and Rose
Stories of disentanglement from slavery to freedom
Who has the power to tell the story?
TITUS KAPHAR VIDEO Can Art Amend History -
Language video Listen and discuss -
Atlantic Article December 2022 - Monuments to the Unthinkable America still can’t figure out how to memorialize the sins of our history. What can we learn from Germany? By Clint Smith ( Witness Stones is mentioned )
Who decides who has freedom?
How are people of African descent an integral part of the colonial West Division?
How has your idea of slavery changed?
How has your idea of freedom changed?
- What is freedom?
- How did London , John Anderson and Boston experience freedom?
- How did enslaved people, in part, define American ideals?
- How important was being Black Governor to their life and to the Black community?
- How independent were their actions?
- What status did the Black Governors have personally and politically?
- What motivated a person to become Black Governor?
Resources on Philip Skene - enslaver of John Anderson